BUSINESS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
Length & learning mode
Blended (In-Class and Virtual Online): 2 days
- Describe an industry-standard Business Process Management framework and how BPI fits into it.
- Describe the purpose, benefits, and critical issues of Business Process Improvement (BPI).
- Employ industry-standard techniques for analyzing the root cause of process problems.
- Determine appropriate metrics for analyzing business processes.
- Use process maps to discover and analyze process problems.
- Design new processes using lean techniques that eliminate waste and maximize business value.
- Use three standard principles to optimize process design.
- Discuss the importance of monitoring and managing processes.
- Identify key metrics for the ongoing monitoring and reporting of process performance and efficiency.
- Facilitate the introduction of process change in the organization using practical techniques.
Business process improvement efforts can increase quality, reduce costs and waste, increase operational efficiency, and enhance productivity. This course explores the need for a business process focus, the essential steps for process improvement, and the critical success factors for making the effort successful. It provides a practical framework for improving processes, process improvement concepts and techniques, and valuable tips on how to introduce process change into the organization and to get the most from your process improvement effort.
Who should attend?
Experience in modeling business processes. The BrakaSoft course Business Process Modeling satisfies this prerequisite.
- Business Process Improvement (BPI) Foundation
Business Process Design