ECBA™ CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Length & learning mode
Blended (In-Class and Online): 3 days
Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to understand:
- What business analysis is and what are its benefits.
- Business analysis key concepts including: key terms, the business analysis core concept model (BACCM), and requirements classification schema.
- Identification of key stakeholders and how to work with them.
- How to analyze the current state, define the future state, assess risks, and recommend how to get from the current to the future state.
- How to plan business analysis work, including planning needed for both Agile (Adaptive) and Waterfall (Prescriptive) initiatives.
- How to prepare for and conduct elicitation activities, as well as confirming and communicating the results of those activities.
- How to specify and model requirements, how to verify and validate requirements, how to look at different options and recommend a solution.
- The importance of managing requirements by tracing, prioritizing, and approving them, as well as handling any changes.
- The importance of measuring the solution to determine its value and recommend ways to increase its value.
- The various techniques and competencies needed to succeed at business analysis work.
Do you want to get certified in business analysis but are new to the field? Whether you are fresh out of college and have little to no project experience or are simply looking to understand the business analysis profession better, this course will provide you with not only the preparation you will need to pass IIBA’s ECBA exam, but also a foundation for a career in business analysis.
Participants will learn invaluable tips and tricks needed to pass the ECBA certification exam. This course follows IIBA's ECBA exam blueprint based on the BABOK® Guide v3.0. It also includes the use of Watermark’s acclaimed online exam simulator, which provides detailed explanations of why incorrect answers are wrong and why the correct answer is right.
This course conforms to and aligns with the BABOK® Guide version 3.0 of the IIBA® (International Institute of Business Analysis).
Why take this course
- Increase your confidence and improve your chances of passing the ECBA certificate exam.
- Streamline the massive amounts of information required to pass the test.
- The small-class environment, group exercises, and sample exam questions keep you engaged and aid in your retention and learning.
- Learn from experts. The course is designed and taught by CBAP® Recipients with extensive knowledge of the BABOK® Guide, some of whom also contributed to its development.
- Dedication. We have 7 CBAP® Recipients on staff, ready to help you pass the exam.
- Trusted. Study with a firm that has helped hundreds of people pass the ECBA™, CCBA®, CBAP® exam, and thousands pass the PMP® exam. We know how to combine learning with test preparation in an engaging way!
- Success: We guarantee you to pass the CBAP Exam if you follow our Study advice and take the Exam within 3 months of the class.
- We recommend students skim the BABOK® Guide prior to class.
- Complete the ECBA™ application during or shortly after the completion of this prep course.
- We recommend that you plan to take the ECBA certification exam within 2-3 months maximum of taking this course.
Who should attend
- Entry-level business analysis professionals, students wishing to enter the business analysis profession (from Colleges, Universities etc.).
- Professionals wanting to move into Business Analysis Role, who have had little to no training in Business Analysis.
- Anyone who is seeking career in Business Analysis or desires to have a better understanding of Business Analysis and the role of a Business Analyst.
To assimilate the vast amount of information needed to pass the ECBA™ exam, there is a mixture of lecture, discussion, and exercises in the course. You will also learn methods of recall and retention to help retain critical information needed to pass the ECBA™ exam.
What you receive
- A handy reference book “How to Talk BA” created to help students and practitioners grasp or refresh their understanding of the main terminology in business analysis.
90-day subscription to our ECBA™ Online Study Exam simulator from Watermark Learning (with over 500 questions).
A PDF of the IIBA’s BABOK® Guide.
A Concurrent Solutions Modeling Diagram laminate which covers the 4 key modeling areas a business analyst most consider.
An Elicitation Techniques Trifold that lists the most common elicitation techniques, strengths and limitations of each and when to use each technique.
A list of common modeling techniques, with a description of each, key elements found in each model, and when to use them.
- ECBA Exam Information & Tips
- An Introduction to Business Analysis and the BA Profession
- Key Business Analysis Concepts
- Underlying Competencies: Business Analysis Competencies for Success
- Strategy Analysis: Understanding the Business Need to Create a Change Strategy to Move from Current State to the Desired Future State
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring: Planning for the BA Work Effort
- Elicitation and Stakeholder Collaboration
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Requirements Life Cycle Management: Managing Requirements and Changes to Them
- Solution Evaluation: Measuring and Maximizing Solution Value
- Techniques Review